
Last Saturday we went up to Rainy Lake. Last time I was there was about 7 years ago when I was pregnant with Conner. The weather held out for most of the day and allowed us to get on the lake for the afternoon. We tried catching walleye at Tillson Creek, explored the gold mine island and searched for blueberries on another island, with very little luck. It was fun to see my old stomping ground, and I was amazed how much it has changed in 25 years. The new homes along the lake are huge such as this one.
Also, since 9/11 the restrictions involving the Canadian waters have have increased. We were excited to headed to Sandpoint Island to swim, but were told that we were not allowed to pass into Canadian waters unless we had passports. So we couldn't go to the mermaid either- too bad. We had appetizers at Thunderbird and the kids had an old favorite of mine- kiddie cocktails. June at Rainy lake Houseboats let us tour the docked boats and the kids had a blast. They really liked the ones with hot tubs on the roofs. We had dinner at Sha Sha, which has been completely rebuilt since the fire a few years ago. It's beautiful and the chipmucks are still there. As we headed home I showed the kids our old house, Rainer, schools, church, bank, etc. I think the town looks great.
I look forward to a longer stay next time!
I would love to go to Rainy Lake some day!!!! Looks like it wasn't all that much warmer there either!
ReplyDelete